November 19, 2011

First Stop: Busan Aquarium

Our first stop was Busan Aquarium. I can’t wait to see their aquarium because I want to compare the one in Singapore. I was surprised that Busan Aquarium is bigger than in Singapore. They have more different under water species

.  

Information
  
The Busan Aquarium contains over 35,000 species of fish, algae, reptiles, and amphibians. This state-of-the-art facility is one of Korea’s top aquariums. The aquarium covers an area of 36,000 m2 and is spread over 3 underground levels and features an outdoor park. On the first underground level is a souvenir shop and several places to eat, while the B2 and B3 levels showcase the various exhibits. The third underground level boasts an 80m main (seabed) tunnel. The tunnel experience resembles a walk along the ocean floor with various sea creatures swimming above. This is a very popular area of the aquarium and is sure to amaze visitors. The simulator also stimulates the imagination and provides a unique feeling of life on the ocean floor. 

-From Official site of Korea Tourism Organization 


Can you see them? Haha :)


I forgot what is this? Sorry...


This is an Otter. I think they were tired....so cute!


I don't know what kind of seahorse is this but I love it.

 

Directions 

My mom and I took the Busan City Tour Bus for our convenience. Here are the alternate directions to Busan Aquarium.

Subway

Haeundae Station (Busan Subway Line 2), Exit 3 or 5 
Busan Aquarium is located 10min from the station

Bus 

From Busan Station, take bus 139, 1001 or 1003 to Haeundae.

Taxi 

It takes 30-40min by taxi from Busan station or Busan Express Bus Terminal to Busan Aquarium.  

Operating Hours 

Weekdays (Mon. - Thurs.) 10:00 - 20:00
Weekends (Fri. - Sun.) & Holidays 09:00 - 22:00 
* Peak Season (July 17 - Aug. 22) Weekdays, Weekends, & Holidays 09:00 - 22:00 
* Last admission : 1hr before closing 

Admission Fees

Adults (19+) 18,000 won / Group 14,000 won 
Youths(13-18): 16,000 won / Group 11,000 won 
Children (3-12): 13,000 won / Group 9,000 won 
* Group : 20 people or more

I really enjoyed here at Busan Aquarium. During that day, they were so many students that time I think they are having their educational field trip and they were so cute.

I would suggest to visit the Busan Aquarium because you will enjoy a lot especially children and you will see different kinds of under water species. My pictures are proof that they are one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :)

I'm Glad to Hear Your Comments