July 15, 2012

Ilocos Adventure Day 3: Pagudpud (South)


Our first destination is the White Rock Formation. They called it “Kapurpurawan”. It was a very nice place. When I saw the place, I can’t believe that I was in the Philippines.
The Kapurpurawan is a rock formation which is literally very white in color taken from its Ilocano root word puraw.

Different shapes of the rocks can be seen such as the iconic head, cradle and the resting dragon. This is much even whiter during the months of April and May. This is really an amazing and unique sight where it was formed by a geological deposition of minerals. This is a sedimentary rock formed by sedimentation, where minerals and organic particles settle and accumulate or it precipitates from a solution. The rocks were carved out by surrounding sandstone by both mechanical and chemical weathering. Wind, sand and water are the primary weathering agents.



I’m so excited to see the Windmill when I heard that our next destination is the Bangui Windmills. For me, this is the very romantic place in Pagudpud because I saw these in different movies and teleserye were they make their promises here.  So kilig!



 We also went in Cape Bojeador Lighthouse. It is the oldest lighthouse in the Philippines.


 From Saud beach, you can still see the windmills. We stayed at Cathy's Homestay. It's a walking distance to the beach. Not bad.

I love the white sand in Saud Beach and the color of water.

This was the best trip ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! :)

I'm Glad to Hear Your Comments